I rode cup and cone hubs for 30 years and know that a good set is
relatively  easy to maintain and with regular overhauls will last a
very, very long time.  But since I live two miles down a dirt road and
ride a lot of muddy roads, I got tired of maintenance work.  PW &
White hubs have better seals than any cup and cone design available.
People tell me that the PW will outlast the White, but I may not be
live long enough to prove that.  White's are $100 a set less than PW,
which makes them pretty attractive.  PW for a BB though, don't even
think about anything else, unless you really need to cut some $ out of
the project, then go $45 generic sealed.

michael