+ another 1 for Keens.
I have the "Commuter" sandal which has a stiff sole and can accept
cleats, though I don't use them. They are great down to about 45 deg
with wool socks, and they are quite a bit narrower than regular Keens,
which is good on the bike, but a bit less good for walking around.

I find that for rides longer than 30 minutes the sole of my regular
Keen sandals isn't stiff enough, and I start to feel pressure points
from the pedal (VO Touring in my case.) A bigger platform pedal would
probably solve that if I wanted to.

-Pete