For me the magic formula has turned out to be the Keen Coronado Cruiser (that's
the bike specific version) for summer and warm weather and I have just
discovered the North Face Snow Sneaker II for cold and wet weather riding.
There's obviously no snow in the Bay Area, but when I start my 16 mile morning
commute at 6:30 am it's around 35 and me feet get otherwise very cold!
http://www.rei.com/product/804444

They are very comfortable and soft to walk in but stay very well hooked to the
sneaker pedals as the sole is full of little geometric shapes.

René

Sent from my iPad