Have to admit, I'd not seen the BE shifters all the way out w/ the
brakes before; I like it, though.   Might try that on my next bike.

On the Ram, what I did was put the first part of the housing from the
BE shifter under the tape, right to where it starts to arc up to the
brake levers; I didn't want the cable loose down there low on the
drops, but didn't think about having it go up and out w/ the brake
cables.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leslie_bright/4407872650/in/photostream/

I did lash the cables down w/ some twine, though... made use of a lot
of twine, actually, to stabilize the tape a lot more.  I like it, I'd
do it again, but... on the next one, I might want to avoid
interference with a possible front bag, so, coming on up w/ the brake
cables might be an idea for me to consider....