I have a couple of friends who love those books. I keep meaning to
check them out.

I've noticed lots of Riv enthusiast like John McPhee. Coming Into the
Country is one of my favorite books.

This has really been a year of nonfiction for me with some of my
favorite reads being Columbine, The Big Short, and Just Kids. I read a
book by John Zerzan--Running on Emptiness--which was interesting and
thought provoking but ultimately left me thinking he's insane. Derrick
Jensen is better at that kind of writing/thinking.

Finally, and very un-Rivishly, I made the jump to the Kindle and have
to admit that I like it a lot.

Riv content... none other than the use of the word Riv and the fact
that McPhee has been mentioned multiple times in the RR.

--mike