On Jan 13, 2011, at 1:23 PM, Michael_S wrote:

> as someone who's looked into this... The Ritchey's have shorter
> wheelbases and chain stays, and the seat angles are much steeper. And
> as mentioned tire clearance is less. All features I have come to
> prefer in the Rivendell bikes.

While there is certainly truth in this, I would mention that my mid 90s Ritchey
Road Classic is the best handling bike I have ever ridden.  Road races, crits,
brevets, climbs, descents, you name it.  A superb road machine that is just an
extension of your body.  And beautiful fillets that make one tube flow into
another with beautiful curves.  It's a masterpiece.

Not even remotely room for fenders, tires fatter than 28 (25, really), etc.
That's not what Ritchey is about, but Rivendell has that covered!