I did Boulder to St Louis self contained and a friend of mine who
joined for a week of it used a BOB behind a Cannondale.  Worked great
for him and I road it a bit and pulls great.  I've got a Burly Nomad I
use for groceries and such around town, and have used it for short
tours and specialty stuff.   I've settled into Panniers for the most
part.   (note: Not saying one is better than other)

I was posting some longer stuff we were doing that requires vacation
time for me.  We also will try for ..

3 State 3 Mountain Challenge
Horsey Hundred

I'm usually game for anything in a 600 mile circle from St Louis.
Kelly