The most sustained rides I've been doing for the past several years are the Oregon Bike Rides (not to be confused with Cycle Oregon).

Photos from some of these rides are at:
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/rasterdogs/
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/JimDgoog/OregonBikeRide2009#
http://picasaweb.google.com/JimDgoog/OBR_20089208628PM#

This is a week long supported ride and is limited to ~250 - 300 riders.
This year I'll be doing the Washington Bike Ride on my custom Riv.
http://www.oregonbicycleride.org/
OBR has been doing these rides for ~20 years and they are tons of fun.
Lot's of country type bicyclers ride, few pseudo racers are to be found.
Many of the riders have been participating for years. I have no affiliation
with OBR other than being totally stoked.

I'm also planning to do at least three S24O's in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
And I'll keep commuting on my bike since it's way more fun than driving.
-JimD