Hi Jon, the consensus I've heard is that Rivendell bottom brackets are
pretty low to begin with, and dropping them further with 650b wheels can
lead to a lot of pedal strikes.   That said, if you're going to use Hetres
and shorter the cranks to 165, shouldn't be tooooo much of a problem.  Don't
A-Rs all have cantis though?  That's your bigger headache.

Have fun!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Jon Flaxman <jflax...@uaex.edu> wrote:

> Just scored my third Rivendell - this one is an early All Rounder with
> S&S couplers.
>
> I'm thinking about converting it to a 650b. Has anyone done this
> before? What were the results?
>
> Are there any pre-built 650b wheelsets for Clydes?
>
> TIA!

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS