Hi
they work fine for me off road. They live on my touring bike and I've
gotten thousands of miles with no flats. (Knock Wood)
They are regularly used for roads, dirt roads, gravel, very fine bike
path stone and this winter here in Maine they are getting more than
there fair share of snow rides. Like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31238317@N03/5402673354/