Have used both the 26" and 700C versions on non-paved roads and/or
trails.  They work just fine.  Not sure I'd want them as racing tires
on farm roads in the driftless region of Iowa.  But for most things
short of that, they'd be fine.

But yeah, they do get slippery on ice.  But not much worse than a
Pasela or similar lightly grooved tire.

Haven't tried them in snow.  Prefer the grip of studded tires.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN