Well, upon close inspection I notice what appears to be a new chip in the paint
on the interior of the drive-side dropout. So... the Shimano freewheel isn't
going to work for me as is. But it was close enough to wonder if other brands
would work. It might even be reasonable to make the Shimano work with the
addition of a spacing washer on the hub axle. I will likely *not* do this; I
don't want to "re-space" the frame.

Oh well... I'll give the IRD revival techniques a shot. If they work, I'll
likely be happy with that if I can develop a reliable maintenance pattern.

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean

Begin forwarded message: