i've had reasonable success with boeshield when tenacious didn't work. Spray
in the boeshield, and let it do the magic. Less lubrication, sure, but I'm
not too worried about it. Through some tenacious in after a few days if it
worries you, but I'm maybe 2k out on such a treatment with the freewheel on
my city bike. It's been saved, as far as I can tell.

Cheers,

erik

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM, james <meine...@gmail.com> wrote:

> fwiw I've also had one ird freewheel fail on me entirely and the one
> i'm using right now 'freezes' when the weather gets cold.  i
> appreciate the info on the cold and the grease, but i would like to
> know also if there are other good freewheels that run about
> 13-32/34... i could only find cheap ones i trusted less than the ird,
> but now i'm not so sure...
>
> james

oakland, ca
bikenoir.blogspot.com