I went to a bike fitter here in town (long story) and he HATED my 48 Noodles.
"Why would you want to scoop so much air and work so much harder?" he asked.
And I thought, yeah, why would I? So I switched to some 44 Cinelli bars I had
on the shelf and rode for a couple of months in the new, professionally
approved, position. After a couple of weeks I put the lovely, super-wide,
non-aerodynamic Noodles back on and never looked back. They may scoop more air
but my wrists and shoulders are more comfortable and on longer rides that
counts for a lot. I like the wider feel when I stand to climb, which I do a lot
out here. And I love the more stable feel on descents.
FWIW, I'm 6 ft tall and my shoulders are on the narrow side.

Brian
Park City, UT