The newies look like the oldies, but they are in fact different
plastics. I won't go so far as to call them unbustable, but we hung
the on our natural weathering station for 2-3 months in the hot sun,
and then tried to smashem & couldn't.

The 3-piece rig shown in a Reader still works, and you can do it at
home (and the hardware store), but the new plastic is good.

We also looked into bronze 'uns, and even the price I got from my old-
tyme Little League buddy who is now a machinist and wanted to do me a
favor was way out of our league. The piece price we could handle; the
minimums x piece price...too much. The new plastic is fine.