Also, while out riding today. I was passed by a carload of four
teenage boys. As they passed, one reached way out of the window,
grabbed my shirt at the shoulder and tried to yank me to the ground.
It didn't work (though I ended up in a confrontation with all of them
after giving them the fingers), but it's the sort of ridiculous random
danger which makes cycling exciting and makes me put my helmet on.
This was at city speeds, so the helmet might have come in handy. I've
had similar things happen with drivers in the country, but at much
higher speeds.