My VGT worked on a weird 13-32 7 sp cassette, just not as well as the
immediately post-curlicue Shimano long cage I replaced it with. I had
a Superbe Pro rd that worked well on a 7 or 8 sp cassette.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Tim McNamara <tim...@bitstream.net> wrote:
> That said, I have SunTour Cyclone Superbe Pro rear derailleurs on both my A/R
> (135 mm, 12-24 7 speed f/w) and my Ritchey road bike (130 mm, 12-28 8 speed).
>  Both function without a hiccup (friction downtube shifting in both cases).
>

> On Apr 7, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Minh wrote:
>
>> So i use my Suntour XC pro on my Hillborne (135mm PW free wheel, but
>> only 6 speed).  I have an early 90's XT (the pewter painted one, not
>> the black plastic one) on my cruiser and that's a 130mm 7 speed
>> cassette.  my bridgestone uses a road-der (not labeled, it's silver),
>> and that's a 126mm 6-speed.
>>
>> all are friction shifting and i don't have any range issues, i think
>> if you are sticking to 7 or below you're fine with these older ones,
>> if you're at 8 or above then i'd get a late 90's vintage r der.
>>
>> For me it's partly i like the old stuff, but also i'm cheap, i'd
>> rather pay 20-30 for a beat-up r-der from the early 90's then a new
>> modern one. also all the new rapid rise, etc stuff is un-needed when
>> all i use them for is friction shifting.

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW at patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com