I honestly don't think I've ever "soap and watered" any of my bikes.
I do wipe off the mud or dirt/dust after it dries but that's about
it.  I think I read a remark from Jackie Phelan (anybody read Frazz
today?) or Charlie Cunnigham or someone similar who basically
said..why wipe off the muck, it keeps the grease in.  At least I think
I read that and I'm sticking with it....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77502424@N00/5599879688/

Rob "will wipe this off tomorrow" Markwardt