Bill , Is yours an older green or a new orange Hillborne.
I remember when I was at RBW, Keven telling me that the new oranges
had a bit more clearance at the chain stays.
I purchased the last 56cm guy in the house. So, I know that as far as
Hillbornes go...my bike has less room for big tires.
Still, I'd like to know that the 50mm Duremes are on a Synergy rim.
They may be great as a cush, fast tire with no fender.
Currently I'm running 37mm Pasela TG under 50mm Berthoud / SKS
fenders.

Jason