If I tried those, my leg would probably snap a pole getting on or off
the bike.

Like others, figured Grant had come up with a lifting assist device.

As to the shoulder strap idea, that was done on a lot of mountain
bikes in the first "boom".  Good idea, but many found the best place
to carry the bike was right where the bolt sat on the shoulder.
Ouch.  I actually preferred the Rhode Gear aftermarket version.  Jandd
makes a nice version these days.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN