Well, maybe it's my peculiar personal preference. But I'd take a quick
release over a wing nut any day. At this point, having used a quick-
release often enough on my bike, I can feel when the appropriate
tension is on the skewer before clamping so that I know that clamping
at that time will be satisfactory. I don't have to retry. I also
prefer that the final clamping force does not involve as much twisting
between the surfaces being clamped. I suspect it doesn't make a
practical difference from a physics standpoint. I just like it.

I imagine I would have to retry sometimes on a different bike, until I
got familiar with its shapes and angles and materials. So perhaps
there's an advantage to always riding the same one.

I don't *think* my Hillborne has lawyer lips. I've never ridden in a
situation where the small amount of extra time that it might take to
remove the wheel made any difference. I rarely transport my bike. (I
take it almost everywhere I go; I just rarely go anywhere!) And when I
do, it doesn't involve wheel removal or attaching the fork to
anything. I imagine I might be more concerned about LLs if it did. I
always feel slightly testy about transporting my bike in the first
place; ideally I'd simply ride it where I wanted it to be. Alas, that
is not always possible.

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean