"Now try that one-handed."

Why?  So you can hold an espresso in the other hand?  :)

If by one handed you mean one hand on the handlebars for when you lift
the front end of the bike off the front wheel, then the way I've done
it (without really thinking about it) was to use my left calf on the
nut side.  Probably this is grounds for another youtube movie for
those who can't visualize it.

The bike shop I worked at the longest period of time included new
bikes stored on hooks with the front wheel off.  So, for about 7
years, I probably put on and took off between 30 and 100 front wheels
per day on a bike with lawyer lips.  It works like this:

Taking the wheel off:

0.  Open front brake QR as necessary
1.  Left hand holds the bars at the stem
2.  Right hand opens skewer
3.  Left calf pressed onto QR nut
4.  Right hand unscrews QR 4 full revolutions
5.  Left hand lifts and balances front end of bike
6.  Right hand grabs front wheel

Putting the wheel on

0.  Left hand holds and balances front end of bike by holding bars at
the center
1.  Right hand holds front wheel
2.  Left hand lowers fork tips onto front wheel
3.  Left calf pressed onto QR nut
4.  Right hand screws down open QR skewer 4 full revolutions
5.  Right hand closes QR skewer
6.  Attach front brake as necessary

Fortunately in the Shimano-dominated times you can hold the QR nut
with your calf.  Unusually tight friction on some QR nuts makes this
impossible.  In my experience that has included Salsas and Campagnolo
Super Record.

My wife's Yves Gomez has lawyer lips and I use the above technique.
She's got Deore hubs so it works.  My Bombadil has Salsa skewers, but
no lawyer lips, so no problem.