Photos and early ride descriptions when the time comes, please,
especially wrt the S2C which I from time to time consider for a
cop-out alternative wheel for my Riv fixies. I hankered after a S1
myself until the Herse put paid to that particular dream, at least for
now -- it fills the role I had in mind for the S1, videlicet, an
all-rounder, load carrying bike that is also fun to ride fast. Your
build sounds perfectly reasonable, tho' I personally find any bar
except a drop uncomfortable.

I wonder how the S1 will handle with a front load? My other Rivs have
been happiest with most of the weight in back. I bought the Herse for
its putative (!!) front loading capacity -- hope to really test it
once I get a porteur rack, God willing, later this week.