Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that it's not as simple as 62cm - 60cm
= 2cm difference in exactly what's important here, my ability to
comfortably straddle the top tube. There's seat tube angle, there's
rounding of published numbers, there's different effective top tube,
there's inconsistency in the available specifications.

That test provides some info, though. I did lift my Hillborne and I
can get it maybe 2 or 3cm off the ground (more accuracy than that is
not going to happen, I'm afraid). So basically it all adds up to "too
close to call" without some additional real world information.

First-hand experience would be great. As would any comparative
information from out in the field. Say, if someone said "Hey, I own
both! My Sam is sorta tight and my Hunqapillar is even tighter, but
they both work for me.". Or if someone said "No way, dude. I've got
both those bikes. All kinds of room on the Sam. But I had to get a 58
Hunqapillar. The 62cm was Way Too Big."

Alas life is not like that so far.

We should all have such problems! :)

Yours,