Well, it may be exactly that as far as you're concerned: ridiculously
overbuilt. But I'm sure glad *someone* makes a well-designed bike with
good clearances that can feel light and fast when rider-only (as light-
and-fast as any bike with a 245lb rider can feel, I guess) and stable
and rugged when loaded all over (it's amazing to me that it also feels
this way with that same rider!). So I certainly don't agree it's
ridiculously overbuilt or silly in general.

Isn't it RBW's most popular model? I wonder if that'll change with no
single-top-tube models available. I seem to remember some hinting at a
lower-priced "city bike" coming from RBW sometime in the next year or
three. Is it hoped that it will satisfy the no-two-top-tubed-Hillborne-
for-me market?

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean