Have an early single tube 56cm Hillborne, weigh 225 and find it is
just fine as it is.

Confession - was going to sell this bike a little while ago.  Even had
it at the LBS.   Then saw the e-mail about double top tube 56 models
and that helped me change my mind.  The bike is staying with me.  For
now.

Nothing against the double top tubes.  Actually like the look on the
larger bikes.  But they do prevent the use of a Revelate Tangle or
similar frame bag.  Not that many folks will be using those on a
Rivendell, but like having the option.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN