I dont know if it should be, but it actually was a deal breaker for
me. I ordered my bike in April and when I called it was my intention
to get a 56 Sam. I had it all speced out and when I was told that they
were going to have double top tubes, coupled with the fact that they
would not take canti brakes anymore, it stopped me in my tracks and by
the time I hung up the phone I had ordered an A Homer Hilsen. I was
struggling with the choice between the 2 bikes anyway. I dont mind
sidepulls but the canti's helped me choose the Sam. That alone would
not have changed my mind but the undertube just turned me off to it.
Maybe that feeling was unjustified. The thousand dollar savings would
have allowed me a fancier build. Had I taken more time to think it
through I may have ordered the Sam anyway but I didnt, and I am sure I
wont regret the AHH. I sure cant wait for it to arrive.