James W

I'm not sure which side of the discussion you are arguing with this thought
experiment, but as of July 9, 2011 it appears the Riv position is:

Your 64cm Atlantis.  They don't make it anymore, they recommend the
Bombadil, which has a 2TT
Your 60cm Hillborne.  Has a 2TT if somebody goes to buy one today
Your 65cm A. Homer Hilsen.  Has a 2TT if somebody goes to buy one today
(according to their latest Geometry Chart)

So the Rivendell position on your three bikes is consistent.  Assuming none
of your bikes has a 2TT, we know that Grant's message back to you would be
"Your bikes are fine, perfect.  The new ones are just differently perfect."