That my friend, wins the internet award for cool idea of the day!  You are
hereby dubbed, "King of the Internets, July 9th, 2011"!  Long may you reign*

Dustin showed me this bag
previously<https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.catalog&CategoryID=1&ProductID=5>,
and while not tweed, is the basic design.  They do customs
<https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.catalog&CategoryID=1&ProductID=6>which
I'm sure they would be happy to update for and under-bag design!

*Reign expires midnight, 7.9.11, some restrictions may apply.  Not valid in
Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and North Dakota.  Contents may settle during
shipping.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Philip Williamson <
philip.william...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What if you could get a tweed bag that fit nicely between the top tube
> and the undertube? Would anyone change their minds over the
> aesthetics? Maybe it would be worse...
>
> I made a mockup of a tweed frame bag with a photo of Jay's yellow
> bike: http://bit.ly/tweed-frame-bag
> Full URL:
> http://www.biketinker.com/2011/ephemera/rivendell-frame-bag-mockup/
>
> Would anyone buy such a thing?
>
>  Philip
>
>  Philip Williamson
> www.biketinker.com
>

> On Jul 8, 6:00 pm, eflayer <eddie.fla...@att.net> wrote:
> > I think it is interesting, for lack of a better word, that GP is
> addressing
> > double top tubes in his latest posting on the Riv site. I respect the
> living
> > daylights out of him and thank him everytime I ride my coupled 58cm Riv
> > Rambouillet. I even go out of my way to never abbreviate "Rambouillet."
> >
> > On the other hand, my eyes and brain have never gotten together on the
> > looks. I get the logic, I get the utility for bigger bikes. But without
> > being an engineer, I really can't imagine anything smaller that a 62 cm,
> > well built, would ever benefit from 2 tubes. Maybe a big big rider with
> lots
> > o added baggage.
> >
> > And it sounds as if in his posting, he is suggesting the 56cm ones (which
> > must be the heart of the buying population) are not moving so well..
> >
> > If I am interpreting his comments correctly, it makes me sad the
> inventory
> > is not moving. And he sounds ready to eventually acknowledge that many of
> us
> > are not ready to embrace the 2TT idea.
> >
> > He is steadfast in a way that earns him my respect, and...

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS