Oh, gawd! Tweed bags!

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Philip Williamson
<philip.william...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What if you could get a tweed bag that fit nicely between the top tube
> and the undertube? Would anyone change their minds over the
> aesthetics? Maybe it would be worse...
>
> I made a mockup of a tweed frame bag with a photo of Jay's yellow
> bike: http://bit.ly/tweed-frame-bag
> Full URL: http://www.biketinker.com/2011/ephemera/rivendell-frame-bag-mockup/
>
> Would anyone buy such a thing?
>
>  Philip
>
>  Philip Williamson
> www.biketinker.com
>

> On Jul 8, 6:00 pm, eflayer <eddie.fla...@att.net> wrote:
>> I think it is interesting, for lack of a better word, that GP is addressing
>> double top tubes in his latest posting on the Riv site. I respect the living
>> daylights out of him and thank him everytime I ride my coupled 58cm Riv
>> Rambouillet. I even go out of my way to never abbreviate "Rambouillet."
>>
>> On the other hand, my eyes and brain have never gotten together on the
>> looks. I get the logic, I get the utility for bigger bikes. But without
>> being an engineer, I really can't imagine anything smaller that a 62 cm,
>> well built, would ever benefit from 2 tubes. Maybe a big big rider with lots
>> o added baggage.
>>
>> And it sounds as if in his posting, he is suggesting the 56cm ones (which
>> must be the heart of the buying population) are not moving so well..
>>
>> If I am interpreting his comments correctly, it makes me sad the inventory
>> is not moving. And he sounds ready to eventually acknowledge that many of us
>> are not ready to embrace the 2TT idea.
>>
>> He is steadfast in a way that earns him my respect, and...

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.
(Rilke, Buddha in Glory)