To go along with your original post, I got a Surly Long Haul Trucker instead
of a Rivendell Atlantis because at the time I simply could not afford an
Atlantis. After quite a bit of research I found allot of people comparing
the 2 bikes as of similar purpose and function. I was dreaming of an
Atlantis but saw it as an impossible dream. I got the Trucker and I dont
regret it. It is a fantastic bike but I cannot say how it compares to the
Riv because I have never actually seen an Atlantis in person. I looked at it
like admiring and wishing for a Bently but all I can have is a Chevy so I
love my Chevy.
I can understand getting tired of waiting. I got my Homer 4 days ago after a
very long wait. I too got tired of waiting so I stressed about it and I
badgered the guys at Rivendell (sorry guys) and I considered if I made the
right choice. Now that it is finally here I know with absolute certainty
that I did make the right choice. The bike is absolutely perfect. I cant
imagine anything that I would have considered as an alternative as even
coming close. Some things are just worth the wait.