I'm a DT shifter.  They work, they are simple, I like the look.  I've
gotten pretty good at shifting both levers at once with the right
hand, so DTs usually aren't a hassle.

That said, I have been thinking it would be nice to switch my rough
stuff bike to brifters, because DT shifting is a bit awkward when
riding tricky trails.  I'm impressed by the current generation of SRAM
brifters - a mega improvement from brifters of years ago.