This was my thought as well.  There are quite a few non-drop bar options now
and some even offer a few decent hand positions.  The Nitto Albatross has
some rise, some forward reach and the curves offer a more aggressive
position.  If you ride this bike in the drops, the Albatross' would be
higher than that for sure with the Technomic.

Doug