On Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:18:31 PM UTC-4, Joe Bernard wrote:

> I wasn't planning on chiming in again, but now that I hear your Bombadil is
> on the way I feel compelled to say STOP RIDING THAT BIKE. I think the reward
> of riding it a few more weeks while you wait isn't worth the risk.
>
> Joe "just my opinion, why am I yelling" Bernard
> Fairfield, CA.

I'll have to say, in that pic you posted, I found the seatpost scarier than
the stem.

I'm guessing you're awaiting a diaga-Bombadil?   Those are taking awhile,
not just 'a few more weeks'.      But, should be well worth the wait.

I suggest, if you've replaced the seatpost, then just carry on, w/ due
caution, for the time being...

FWIW...