Yeah, I've ordered one of the new Bombadils in 68 cm—and yes, I'll post
photos when I get it! It's certainly gonna be big. Only time I'll have ever
had a bike that fits me. Riv has told me to expect a six month wait so I'm
on the Raleigh in the meantime.

I have bent seatposts before, so I was aware of the danger in that respect.
When it snapped it was surprisingly uneventful. My weight just transferred
to the pedals and I coasted to a stop, but I'm a slow-and-cautious type of
rider so maybe that's what saved me. I'm not going to snap the stem hopping
up a curb at 20 mph or anything, but the emergency braking scenario bothers
me somewhat. I'll keep an eye on the riser for any cracks, and maintain a
low speed down hills etc. until my new frame gets here...

Cheers everyone, I appreciate the time you've taken to discuss this with me!

Tom