Hey Patrick much of it was downhill and I had a tailwind but yea I was
feeling energetic but I have averaged 20 mph for ten miles on rolling
hills (taken from a calibrated bike speedo thing)...these days I just
use my watch and do the math with a pencil and paper since I know the
distances. Keeps my eyes on the road. Now that I think about it, it
might have been 21 miles since I took a more direct route blasting
down the highway whereas I usually take a less traveled route so
yea....still it was pretty fast for me (not Lance fast) but fun
anyway. I was doing 40+ mph down one super long hill too so you could
do it no doubt. Half rural, half city........but the fog, that sucked.
Kept having to wipe my glasses.

Grant.....you said what I wanted to say on the Taubes subject. I think
when folks actually read the book and think about it they will
probably connect the dots and ' get it '....... hopefully. With a
fairly recently deceased father who had diabetes I want to avoid
it....I've seen what happens and it blows.