My kid rode across a real bad patch last week and now i pretty much have to
buy new tubes there are so many holes.  Possibly new tires but I hope to get
all the nubs out.  It'll take a good couple hours though...

D'oh!

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Way Rebb <grayc...@mac.com> wrote:

> Those goat heads are a mean plant.  I think Marathon Pluses with about
> 4 or 5 Mr Tuffies inside and the rest filled with cement would give a
> person a fighting chance.  Even then it might be iffy.
>
> -Ray
>
> On Aug 31, 5:26 pm, jinxed <hbcl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > There are 5 bicycles hanging in the garage. There is *one tire* with air
> in
> > it.
> >
> > My last 3 trips on the Hilsen have seen no fewer than 2 punctures per
> trip.
> > All caused by goat heads.
> >
> > I think I am going to finally bite the bullet and pick up a set of
> > Marathons. I have seen evidence of a 700 x 47 (41 actual) Marathon
> > (Supreme??) on a Hilsen that would be stellar. I like the big meat on the
> > hoops off road. Unfortunately the widest I see searching the web is 40
> > now....bummer.
> >
> > There seems to be some pretty lofty praise on the Marathons being as anti
> > flat as is available. From what I gather, the "Supreme" is the, well,
> > supreme?
> >
> > Anyone gone the Foss route yet?
> >
> > The previous players:
> >
> > Sealants:
> > True Goo - worked for a month, then stopped.
> > Slime - slowed the leak a little then created a huge mess in the tire.
> > Caffe Latex - worked for @ 2 months, then clogged the valve.
> >
> > Tires:
> > 700x37 Pasela TG.
> > 700x42 IRC Slick XC.
> > 700x32 Conti Twister Pro.
> > 700x35 Schwalbe Delta Cruisers with puncture protection.
> >
> > These tires excelled in different areas, but on the roads/path I take
> most
> > often they all suffered the dreaded goat head rapture (rupture?) about
> > equally.

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS