Three flats in three weeks? I wish I got three flats in three weeks.
Had four on yesterday's brief ride (tho' 3 were due to an ancient,
slipping rim strip. The moral: use only Velox.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:14 PM, jimD <rasterd...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I recently returned from a 3 week stint in eastern Wa. (Kennewick) helping
> to care for my elderly mom.
> I had 3 flats in 3 weeks, all from goatheads. The good news is that the
> volume of the JB greens allowed me to limp back to the house to address the
> flats there. I've found 'slime' tubes are useful in a goathead laden
> places.
> I'm curious about those Foss tubes too.
> Here in northern Cal. I don't get 3 flats in 3 months.
> -JimD
> On Aug 31, 2011, at 6:41 PM, Jeremy Till wrote:
>
> Had a ride last weekend where I had one flat on the rear from two
> goatheads.  Pulled over and replaced the tube, went to put the wheel back on
> the bike only to notice that my front tire was also going flat from 2
> goatheads!   I was kind of up a creek since i only had used my one extra
> tube and didn't have a patch kit on me.  I limped back to the nearest town,
> pausing every 2 miles or so to refill the front tire.  Luckily that town had
> a bike shop in it where I bought another tube and patch kit....the shop
> owner noted that it was "goathead season."   All of this in 90+ degree heat.

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.
(Rilke, Buddha in Glory)