> Are you going to swap the dyno wheel between bikes as well?  If so i
> think Scott G's arrangement is the easiest to move back and forth,
> other-wise you'll need to have disconnects at both ends for the wiring
> on each bike.

Yes, my hope is that both the dyno wheel and the light will be going
back and forth to some extent. The E3, though it would cost a fortune,
could be set up nicely for swapping using their new handlebar mount
and possibly connectors to leave the wiring in place.  But it would
would be heavy and pricey.

On positioning, I have liked having a bright light on the bars and
even up on my helmet; my guess is that a light down low on an axle
could be a problem in snow.  Minh and Scott, have you used this set up
in snow?  As in deep snow banks on the sides of streets and at
corners?

Still weighing pros and cons, and pros and cons against costs ... all
the perspectives and photos in this thread are extraordinarily
helpful, especially my fellow winter riders and twin cities rivsters.
Thank you!  More thoughts welcomed!

-liesl
minneapolis