Jim:

V-brakes were Plan B because that would require a change of levers.
I've not had any personal experience with them but see them on a lot
of bikes, especially tandems.  They look like a good set-up for a bike
that gets packed & shipped, being tidy & out of the way.

Did your Atlantis come with V-brakes or did you change them?

dougP