Had family in town this past weekend. My sister rides bikes and had
expressed interest go on ride during her visit. Like many folks, she rides
road racing type bikes but she doesn't race. The only bike we have that's
close to her size is my wife's Betty Foy w/ alba bars, brooks B68 and 42mm
Hetres. Needless to say it's pretty much the opposite of her bikes at home
with their skinny tires, low bars, etc. The first thing she says when she
gets on the Betty Foy is "This bike is so comfortable." Throughout the ride
she kept commenting about how great it was to ride a bike that was
comfortable. Her highest praise came at the end of the ride, which was only
about 90-minutes, when she said "My butt doesn't even hurt."

She never went as far as suggesting that she might trade one of her racer
bikes for something more "country" but I'm pretty sure a Riv-ish seed was
planted in fertile ground this weekend.

--Smitty