That ride over the bridge is beautiful.

When there isn't a crowd it's great. When there is the summer scrum of 'take no
prisoner racer' types, 'what me worry' tourists, and everything in between, it
gets pretty weird.  I've often wondered what the accident rate is.

I came over one sunny summer day on my custom riv (riv content!) when the wind
was howling through the golden gate pulling in wisps of fog and thought I was
going to freeze to death. It was like riding in the face of a real big air
conditioner.

-Jimd