I have to agree with you. The very first Rivendell bike I saw in person at
a Caltrain station was a green Sam H. and I fell in love with its color. On
my first ever visit to RBW, when I was test riding them and deliberating
between the Homer and the Sam, their different colors were a strong factor
in my internal debate.

In the end I chose the Homer because the test model I rode felt better, but
that green color has always been at the back of my mind waiting for an
excuse to repaint one of my bikes.

The time may come sooner than anticipated, so we'll see...

Congratulate your wife on her beautiful Betty.

René