I'm waiting on several shuttle services to respond to my requests.
Only one has gotten back to me, and they require that we rent an
entire bus... Unless we have 40 people it may not be practical.

One option I'm considering will be to start in Cumberland, MD, booking
a hotel close to the Cumberland Amtrak station for Friday night (as
long as I can leave my bike and gear in my hotel room or some other
secure place).  The Capitol Limited runs daily from Connellsville to
Cumberland (at 6:30 AM!!!).
We could drive our cars up to Connellsville early on Saturday, park
them and hop the Capitol Limited back to Cumberland, where we would
check out and ride to the trail.  That's a $17 solution (plus a few
hours of lost sleep)... It also makes for a slightly later start on
Saturday morning, and adds 16 miles of uphill from Cumberland... no
big deal, right??

BB