One more idea: a big reflective triangle attached to your bag, or a
reflective vest (personally dislike these -- too much of a hassle to get on
and off over all the other winter kit), Sam Browne or -- my favorite -- a
reflective triangle attached to a reflective belt.

One more idea yet: Lightman strobe when you want to attach a blinkie to a
bag that, unlike a frame or seatpost or rack mounting, does not hold the
light in one position. The strobe does not suffer from the off-axis decline
in visibility that LED blinkies seem to do. OTOH, the Lightman that I have
runs only 2 hours on 2 alkaline or NMH AAs.

https://picasaweb.google.com/BERTIN753/BIKESMISCELLANEA#5663812088636007938

Don't try this with your two-wheeler:

https://picasaweb.google.com/BERTIN753/BIKESMISCELLANEA#5695750139888167026