The crucial test will be to run over a plot of goatheads, coming out on the
other side with scores sticking into your tires: if after two days you find
no air loss, Foss tubes are proof against the thorns.

Note that very often when you run over a goathead it will go in only part
way and, if you don't smack it again against the pavement multiple times
won't penetrate the tube.

OTOH, I've been on many rides where I pick up a thorn slightly to the
outside of the middle of the tread and ride the rest of the way anxiously
seeing the thorn revolving with the tires; then pull it out at the end of
the ride and hear that dreaded "Hssss..."

At other times yet a goathead will penetrate but cause only a very slow
leak so that it is only after a number of hours that you find your tire
flat. In fact, most of my flats are slow-leak goathead-caused.

Patrick Moore, who had a traumatic time on Sat eve. fixing and refixing and
dammit re-refixing tubes with multiple goathead holes.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:34 AM, jimD <rasterd...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2012, at 10:25 AM, MoVelo inquired:
>
> > Has anyone had success with Foss tubes against goatherds?
>
> Moi!
> Ran over a goatherd just the other day.
> No troubles.
>
> JimD
>
> On Jan 21, 2012, at 10:25 AM, MoVelo wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had success with Foss tubes against goatherds?
> >
> > On Jan 21, 1:47 am, cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Today I pulled my Rivy down from the hook and find the rear tire flat.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/6733538469/in/photostream/";>Yep,
> >> another goathead. </a> I don't know how often this happens, but lets
> >> just say I've gone through a 100 pack of Rema tubes in the last few
> >> years! So I'm kinda' considering going tubeless with this bike. Sun
> >> CR-18 rims and 35mm Paselas. I have my 29er set up that way and love
> >> it, but have Stans rims etc.
> >>
> >> Any experiences positive or negative with a set up like this?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers,
> >> David
> >> Redlands, CA