I have an Atlantis (58) now, and I had a Sam (56). Amazingly similar fits
for me between these two bikes in these sizes. I like that the Atlantis can
take bigger tires than the Sam (though the Sam can take plenty big), and I
suppose I prefer the aesthetics of the Atlantis slightly. But the Sam is a
lovely bike -- looks and performance -- very capable, and an outstanding
value. I wouldn't ever discourage anyone from getting a Sam, and if
price/budget is a consideration, the Sam is the way to go. I think most
people who have 'em really like 'em.