THis is great. Pub--and I got a super publisher--- is concerned that
if I offer signed copies, bookstores will feel competed against and
won't buy, and then the whole thing caves in and (in my words) becomes
one of those things only RIV sells, at which point the pub is bummed
and I'm poison. I'm trying to thinka way to not have that happen. One
way would be to not undersell book storee---obviously. The signing
thing is another something, but I'm not going to not sign books that
I'm asked to sign. The thought I'd like to express, but it's awkward
to even say and sounds counter-something, is "if you plan to buy the
book, buy it at your local bookseller (or bikeshop, but I think many
won't sell it)." But there's no way I'll be sad to see orders here.
I'm in a jumble about this. We'll see how it works. Eric, thanks. G