Hi Patrick,

The Carradice Super C hooks are super nice.  They start wide and then
you engage the hook until it locks into the rack. It handles many
widths of racks including my wider Old Man Mountain? rack and skinnier
blackburn rack.  The Ortlieb comes with different adapters that allow
you to use it with different racks, so it's not as useful in that
regard because you would have to change out the adapters to use with
different racks (I don't know the maximum width).

Best,
Toshi