I just took a stroll through photos I have book marked and found an
interesting correlation. There are two specific bikes that led me to
Rivendell.

What I see now is clearly a simple math equation:

Kostmans All Rounder <http://www.flickr.com/photos/25841843@N05/2429259877/>
 +

Cyclotourists
Custom<http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/1679487194/in/faves-42027576@N00/>
 =

Killer
Atlantis<http://www.flickr.com/photos/88057131@N00/5956828630/sizes/z/in/faves-42027576@N00/>

Anyway...I think it's interesting to see the examples that all of you find
hits that soft spot. Also intriguing to know, is how have these bikes
shaped your own purchasing, set up etc. I could easily rattle off several
things I would have never given a shot had it not been for these forums.

Oddly enough, although my Rivendell history is 55 Bleriot > 52 Bombadil >
59 Hilsen > 57 Hilsen...I have not found that magic mix. I'm close....but
not quite exactly there. But then mythical beasts are just that.